Award Winning Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Adventures in Cloud Computing (Part One)

What are the odds that the following 3 travel misadventures would occur on the same day?

1)     The National Car rental web site again tell me that my credit cards on account have expired.  Of course they haven't and a phone agent confirms this, but that doesn't help me modify an existing rez.

2)     A special reservaiton web site for a Hilton conference hotel generates a confirmation code that Hilton can't read and process.  I never receive confirmation and end up booking two reservations I can't see.  But of course Hilton debits my credit card twice.  Calls to India prove fruitless.

3)      My last four United code share flights with Lufthansa and Swiss never generate miles with United Mileage Plus.  I risk getting drummed out of the Economy Plus seating area.

         Are the travel gods telling me something?

No comments: